Two new projects started this autumn under the Smart Tampere Program aiming to make Tampere even smarter.
The core idea of the STARDUST project is to demonstrate different “innovation islands” as urban incubators of technological, social, regulatory and market solutions. These, once validated, could contribute to transformation of our cities towards Smart Cities. The STARDUST Smart City concept has been designed to enhance the integration of all these aspects to define a new Urban Metabolism.
- Pave the way towards the transformation of carbon supplied cities into smart, highly efficient, intelligent and citizen oriented cities
- Develop urban, technical, green solutions and innovative business models
- Integrate the domains of building, mobility and efficient energy use through ICT
- Testing and validating these solutions, enabling their fast roll out in the market
STARDUST is a 60 month project (10/2017-9/2022) and it serves as a smart connector, bringing together advanced European cities and citizens. The Lighthouse Cities of the project are Tampere, Pamplona (ES) and Trento (IT). Follower Cities are Derry (UK), Litomerice (CZ), Cluj-Napoca (Romania) and Kozani (GR). In addition, there are five research institute partners, eight industry partners and four SME partners.
STARDUST project has received 18 M€ funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 774094.
City Guidance Ecosystem
Guidance is a significant factor in increasing the attractiveness of city centres. Guiding people and large crowds more efficiently in city centres according to their needs, preferences, and user-profiles improves people safety and the visibility and availability of small businesses and cultural attractions.
City Guidance Ecosystem is part of a significant change in the city development and service creation. It will help create new innovative solutions and business opportunities, and like STARDUST it will help taking the solutions in to the market.
The project plans include:
- Platform for mobile apps for the Young Athletics World Championships in Tampere 2018
- Consept for pedestrian and cyclist guidance in the Ratina arena area
- A guidance whole plan for the train station, the bus station and the airport
- A model for guidance in special situations (like road works)
City Guidance Ecosystem is part of the 6 Cities Strategy. It is funded by the European Union's European Regional Development Fund and Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council.
Project Manager, STARDUST, Smart Tampere Program
City of Tampere
+358 50 336 7696
Project Manager, City Guidance Ecosystem, Smart Tampere Program
City of Tampere
+358 50 365 5107