A new project launched by the Tampere Chamber of Commerce will accelerate the climate work of industrial companies in the region.
Early in the year, the Tampere Chamber of Commerce launched the “Teollisuus osana alueellista ilmastotyötä” (“Industry as part of regional climate work”) project, the aim of which is to enhance and diversify regional cooperation between industrial companies and also to participate in climate actions taken by other parties, such as municipalities. The project targets the approximately 300 member companies of the Chamber of Commerce operating in the manufacturing industry.
In addition to the Tampere Chamber of Commerce, the project is being implemented by the City of Tampere, Business Tampere and energy companies Tampereen Sähkölaitos Oy, Leppäkosken Sähkö Oy, Lempäälän Lämpö Oy, Mäntän Kaukolämpö ja Vesihuolto Oy and Valkeakosken Energia Oy.
The project aims to, among other things:
- provide an overview of how industrial companies in the region have done climate work so far and what the situation looks like in the longer term
- model the CO2 review of industrial companies and pilot the model in industrial companies in the region
- produce material and approaches on how the municipality can collaborate with industrial companies in the region
- improve cooperation between energy companies and industrial companies in the region
- make the low-carbon environment a pull factor
- prepare tools for industrial companies for their own climate work.
Please contact us if you would like to hear more about the project!
More information available from:
responsible for the industrial part of the project
+358 400 176 936
chair of the project steering group
Tampere Chamber of Commerce
+358 40 553 5535
Photo: Opa Latvala/Visit Tampere